30 September 2009

Mi casa en Valladolid

Buenos Tardes!
So today is Wednesday, my first full day in Valladolid. Unfortunately I slept horribly last night because my bed is extremely springy and every time I turned a different way I got a spring to the rib. hah... OH WELL! Guess I will have to learn how to handle that. Today we woke up and went straight to the student union at the university which is about a 30 min walk. Then we took a spanish placement test to see which class we will be in. There are some other international students here as well, some from Wisconsin and others from all over the world. I met someone from Germany, from China, and from Sweden. That will be fun to get to know those people!
After we took a tour of Valladolid and our professors from Cal Poly pointed out important places to us such as the post office (be expecting post cards soon), Plaza Mayor, the book store, etc. This place seems kind of confusing now but I know that soon I will be able to navigate my way through the streets. We still haven't figured out the bus system yet but tomorrow I think we are going to take the bus to our language class.
Talking to some of the other Cal Poly students we are lucky that we have internet in our house because a lot of them don't! So you all should be excited as well :)
I took a few pictures of the house so you could see where I will be living for the next 3 months... It is really cute!

This is the kitchen, its small but has everything you would need: refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, oven, microwave, and the washer is in here too!

This is the living room where I can get the internet but I can also sometimes get it in my room too

Hallway by the front door and my roommate Laurel!

Hallway leading to all of the different rooms. I am standing right outside my door and at the end and to the left is the kitchen/living room. The first door on the left is my bathroom, the doors on the right are my madre's room and her daughters room.

My room! My bed is on the right next to the window which actually looks into the laundry room... so no windows to the outside. We each have our own small closets and those are on the wall to the left.




No comments:

Post a Comment