12 November 2009

Speaking Spanish

Learning a different language is SO HARD. I didn't know what it was going to be like trying to learn a different language but it is so overwhelming. I had a realization the other day while walking and trying to think about how to say something in spanish. When I try and think about what I want to say I think about it first in english and then about how to translate that into spanish. But this is NOT the way to get better! We learn all the rules in class, we study them, we know them, its just a matter of implementing them. Learning spanish and learning the rules is not hard. Its implementing it and actually speaking without having to think that is hard! Of course this sounds so simple but switching your brain to think in a completely different language is so much harder than it seems. What I really need to do is just SPEAK and not think about if thats the right way or not, its all filed in there somewhere, I just need to implement these rules and these things that I have been hearing for almost 8 years of my life.
Its hard too because when I come back from Spain I will not be speaking spanish because I won't need to! Hopefully I will be motivated enough to try and speak spanish as much as I can. I know my grandma will be proud when I can have a conversation with her in Spanish someday :)

1 comment:

  1. abBY! of course your going to speak spanish when you return. WITH ME AND NICOLE EVERYYY DAY haha im making you
    from kel

    ReplyDelete