Ok so today my roommate and I are struggling with something, let me set the scene for you: Our mama is really really nice. She is always very friendly and asks how our day was, she bought Laurel chocolate desserts for her birthday, we feel very welcome in every part of the house and she is always very considerate. We only have one problem: the food. So its not like the food she cooks is awful, its really not that bad (I mean besides the weird cultural food that she cooks sometimes)! The problem is this. When she goes to work she leaves us food for lunch and/or dinner which is totally fine BUT usually its only like 2 items. For example, today she left us chicken that she cooked on the stove and a pot of green beans. And thats IT. No rice, no bread, nothing else besides that. We are upset because the food that she leaves us is usually not enough for both of us to get full and we have to go searching in the fridge to get something else to eat and usually, there isn't anything in there. Also, we RARELY get vegetables. When I say rarely I mean I think we have had veggies twice since we have been here. The green beans today are a miracle. So this morning we decided that it is time that we say something because we are very unhappy with the way things have been going.
SO we came up with a few sentences to say to her in spanish, just so we would be nice and prepared :) I will let you know how this goes after we talk to her. Im only nervous to talk to her about this because when she responds to us in spanish it is all going to be very fast and I don't want to miss anything that she says! But yesterday I was about to cry because of the quality of food that we have been getting.
Maybe I am just a spoiled American that eats too much food. Its worth a try anyway!
So besides that I have been having a really good time in Valladolid. I have a ton of class though, which kind of cuts in to social time. Spanish class everyday from 9:30 to about 1, then Cal Poly classes 8 hours a week. Then homework and reading on top of that! I'm still adjusting to the times and when things close, etc.
Today is Sunday, and this means that everything is closed. Except for some cafes and restaurants. When I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING. Not even grocery stores! This is a crazy concept to me... But I kind of like it. Sunday truly is a day of rest.
Went to Segovia yesterday and it was really cool, I will update with photos later.
LOVE YOU ALL!!
Abby
No comments:
Post a Comment